CBD oil is very popular right now. CBD oil is made by extracting cannabidiol from the cannabis plant and diluting it in carrier oil, often coconut or hemp seed oil. As marijuana and marijuana-related products are becoming legal and more socially acceptable, CBD oil is becoming more popular and affordable.
But is CBD oil safe? Is it effective?
Let’s take a look.
CBD oil does have possible side effects. These include:
- Dry mouth
- Reduced appetite
- Increase in liver enzymes
- It can also interact negatively with certain medications.
Overall, CBD oil is quite safe and is not addictive. Most of the possible side effects are quite mild.
There are a couple of possible serious consequences, too. All of the possible drug interactions haven’t been tested yet, but anti-seizure medication and blood thinners shouldn’t be combined with CBD oil. CBD oil can also raise liver enzymes, which suggests the possibility that the liver is being stressed.
As with any medicinal product, it would be wise to consult with your physician before using it.
There have been several benefits tied to CBD oil use:
- Chemotherapy. CBD oil can reduce nausea, vomiting, and pain in those receiving chemotherapy treatment.
- Many people with cancer claim the treatment is worse than the cancer itself. CBD oil can make the cure for cancer a lot more tolerable.
- Pain relief. Records show that marijuana has been used to treat pain for nearly 5,000 years. CBD is one of the primary components of marijuana that soothes pain.
- CBD oil has been found to reduce pain in several studies. Given that many traditional pain medications have many negative side effects and are addictive, CBD oil is very attractive for treating chronic pain.
- Hypertension. One study showed that CBD oil lowers blood pressure and may reduce the likelihood of stroke and heart attack.
- Anxiety relief. CBD oil has been found to be effective in treating anxiety. This is great news, because CBD oil isn’t addictive.
- Many anxiety medications are addictive and often produce undesirable side effects, such as insomnia, agitation, drowsiness, and sexual dysfunction.
- Acne reduction. The anti-inflammatory effects of CBD oil are believed to be responsible for the reduction of acne in regular consumers of CBD oil. It’s also believed that CBD oil reduces sebum production.
- Diabetes and cancer. Studies in animals suggest that CBD oil could be effective in treating and preventing both cancer and diabetes. This benefit, however, is still being researched.
- Tumors grow more slowly, and cancer spreads throughout the body more slowly in rats that are given CBD oil.
- CBD oil also reduces the incidence of diabetes in rats by over 50% when CBD oil is ingested.
You might be concerned that CBD oil might get you high since it’s a marijuana-related product. The short answer is “no,” it will not. CBD oil contains cannabidiol, but not THC. THC is the compound that produces the “high” in marijuana. In fact, CBD oil products are illegal in many states if they contain even trace amounts of THC.
One of the issues with CBD oil is dosing and consistency. CBD oil production is largely unregulated. One manufacturer’s product might have significantly more or less CBD than another’s. A product from the same manufacturer might have consistency issues from one batch to the next.
According to Harvard Health, some CBD manufacturers have come under government scrutiny for wild, indefensible claims, such that CBD is a cure-all for cancer, which it is not.
We need more research but CBD may be prove to be an option for managing anxiety, insomnia, and chronic pain. Without sufficient high-quality evidence in human studies we can’t pinpoint effective doses, and because CBD is currently is mostly available as an unregulated supplement, it’s difficult to know exactly what you are getting. If you decide to try CBD, talk with your doctor — if for no other reason than to make sure it won’t affect other medications you are taking.
If you decide to use CBD oil, consider the source before you purchase.
CBD oil has a lot of benefits and provides a minimal amount of risk for most people. It’s important to do the necessary research and talk to your physician. CBD oil might be a great choice for you but be sure to make a well-informed decision. If recommended by your physician, pHAZE Naturals has got you covered with the perfect pHAZE of CBD Oil for you.